GLΔZ Music : what is at stake ?
Glaz is the Breton word that describes the indefinable color of the sea in Brittany; a blend between blue, green and grey.
Glaz also defines what we call the Armor and the Argoat : the sea and the land. The core of Brittany.
Glaz Music gathers 25 professional music companies based in Brittany. They all represent different artistic colors and engage collectively in the development of local artists and music bands. Promoters, managers, music halls, festivals, editors… Glaz Music represents the diversity of musical aesthetics which coexist in Brittany and the diversity of “making”.
GLΔZ Music « Welcome to Bretagne » : key Figures
- Create the best conditions for international cooperation
- Increase the visibility and the international development of the artists
- Enlighten, on an international scale, the artistic richness of Brittany
- Act prescriptively, all together
GLΔZ Music, how is it?
Since 2014 :
- 75 international delegates, from 26 countries, from all over the world, came here in Brittany to attend « Glaz Music : Welcome to Bretagne » within the Transmusicales, the Bars en trans festivals and NoBorder Festival
- 6 Glaz showcases were organised at MaMA Event (2015 & 2019) for 500 professionals
- 4 Glaz delegations moved to Jazz Ahead (Bremen, Germany), SOTX (Beijing, China), IOMMA (La Réunion), Adelaide (Australia)
- 73 bands born in Brittany performed within Glaz Music events
Glaz Music’s Coordination
with the Support of Institut français in Paris